FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please choose a category on the left to view the frequently asked questions for the category you chose on the right. Then select a question to reveal the answer.
- What is the warranty period for Dolfino?
- Two years from date of purchase
- What is the difference between Aqua and Dolfino products?
- Aqua products are designed for backyard and pool use, and are primarily manufactured with PVC frames, durable polycarbonate lenses, and rubber straps. For the more advanced snorkeling enthusiast, Dolfino offers recreational "dive" equipment made with the highest quality silicone or TPR (thermoplastic rubber), and tempered glass or polycarbonate lenses.
- How do I attach my snorkel to my mask?
- Your snorkel should have either a removable retainer clip or "built-in" retainer in the snorkel itself. The mask strap should thread through the retainer so that the mask and snorkel are in alignment.
- Why is a Silicone mask better than a Rubber mask?
- The silicone used on all Dolfino products is of the finest grade material. It is completely hypo-allergenic. Silicone is a surgical grade material that offers more flexibility, conforming to the unique shape of your face, and will always return to its original form. TPR (thermoplastic rubber) is less flexible and may not always fit certain face shapes.
- Are replacement straps available?
- For your convenience, The Sports Authority stores carry Dolfino straps for replacement. However, we will be happy to replace your Dolfino strap at no charge as long as your purchase is still under warranty (generally 2 years from the date of purchase). Please e-mail, mail or fax our consumer assistance department with your name, address, the item number and your dated sales receipt.
- Do we make custom or prescription lenses for goggles? Do any of our Aqua or Dolfino goggles accommodate such special lenses?
- No, we do not make any special lenses or inserts for our goggles at this time. However, all of our masks and goggle products can safely be used in conjunction with your own prescription contact lenses.
- Can my purge valve be replaced?
- No, the entire product will generally need to be replaced. If your product is still under warranty, we will be happy to send you a new one. All you need to do is contact our consumer assistance department. Please have your proof of purchase and model number available to receive your replacement.
- Will the color silver on my Dolfino fins attract sharks in the water?
- No, the color silver on our products will not attract sharks.
- I have a mustache; will this cause my mask to leak?
- If the mustache is preventing the mask from sitting flush on your face, the mask will leak. If you have a mustache or a heavy beard, it is a good idea to put Vaseline on the mustache/beard before putting the mask on. This helps to seal the area around your facial hair.
- How do I prevent fogging during use?
- Unless your mask is a special fog-free mask, there will be a very thin layer of silicone on the glass from the manufacturing. This thin layer causes the mask to fog easily. To remove the layer of silicone - the commonly used "trick" is to use normal toothpaste (a teaspoon amount) which is equally divided over the whole inside (also the skirt) with a gentle hand using a toothbrush. After brushing for a few minutes rinse, with water until the mask is clean. This is usually a one-time
procedure, but if fog occurs later on you may have to repeat. To make sure your mask does not fog when used - always use saliva or an anti-fog liquid prior to EVERY time you use your mask. Simply rub it on the inside of the lenses and rinse with water before putting your mask on.
- What is the purpose of the purge valve?
- The purge valve is a means of expelling water from the mask or tube/barrel.
- Is it possible to submerge the snorkel completely underwater?
- No, the top of the snorkel must remain above water to enable the snorkeler to breathe.
- Can my mask and snorkel be used in any kind of water - pool, fresh, and salt?
- Yes, a mask and snorkel can be used in any type of water.
- How do I tighten the strap on my goggles?
- In order to tighten a strap on goggles, you will need to have a little slack in the strap to pull it tight. You may need a thin object, such as a letter opener, to loosen the strap. The goggles are designed this way so the straps do not loosen on their own.